Where it all began
It all started in the little town of Burslem, Stoke-On-Trent, in 1959, well known for its pottery and Port Vale, T-T, then Vanroy was a general engineering company based on Lingard Street. Now T-T employs over 150 individuals who all work together to provide complete water handling solutions. T-T has six divisions, T-T Pumps, T-T Controls, T-T Flow, T-T Pumping Stations, T-T Environmental and Agricultural and T-T Service who all work together to supply water handling solutions from a single source.
After a management buy-out in 1989, the new management team decided to focus on supplying pumps and pumping stations, together with control panels and electrical monitoring systems. We have now expanded our product range even further to waterworks valves and related environmental equipment to provide you with a one-stop-shop.
The move to Woore
In late 1998 we packed our bags and moved 10 miles down the road from Stoke-On-Trent to the small village of Woore. This rural location sits on the edge of three counties, Cheshire, Shropshire, and Staffordshire. It has provided plenty of space for the company to grow and excellent access to the motorway so that we can get our goods to our customers as quickly as possible.
In 2011 we invested in a brand new Service and Repair centre. The workshop is complete with a 3-tonne lifting crane and full test facilities which are segregated away from our clean water amenities.
In 2013 we took advantage of the open space and embarked on an extensive expansion plan, which allowed us to invest in larger machinery, an additional 5 tonne overhead crane and a warehouse expansion covering 11,000sq ft².
The extension has also allowed us to house our ever-rising number of employees; after starting with just a handful of employees we now employ over 150 people and this number continues to rise as we continually look for more skilled individuals to join our T-T team!
Over the years T-T have had many achievements which have allowed us to grow into the company they are today, here are just some of the achievements:
- We are now the main provider of adoptable pumping stations with vast experience working with all Water Authorities and major house builders.
- We are an approved supplier to London Underground, having a substantial amount of bespoke panels installed in many of London’s underground stations.
- T-T’s pumps, valves and controls divisions have vastly expanded their product portfolios’ with 1000’s of models now available to buy online with same day dispatch capabilities.
- T-T Environmental and Agricultural has worked on many biogas plants and farms throughout the United Kingdom and have recently installed their first HBC green bedding machine in the South of England.
- T-T Service, has supported all of T-T’s divisions offering repairs and preventative maintenance and over the 60 years has ensured our pumping systems run smoothly throughout the UK. They have added to their client portfolio over the years and currently don’t have many industries untouched, including housing maintenance, leisure, hotels, restaurants, and storage to name but a few.
T-T has seen year-on-year growth and this is down to the sheer commitment of the talented team of engineers at T-T who pride themselves on building lasting relationships with clients. We couldn’t have achieved what we have today without our customers who continually support us.
T-T have worked on many prestigious jobs over the last 60 years including:
- Providing a control panel for the Queens visit at Dumfries House
- Installing a Pumping Station at Tenby Lighthouse for a Grand Designs project
- Providing drainage systems for The Garden Festival at Festival Park in 1986
- Supplying a control panel to the Maclaren F1 team
- Manufacturing a control panel for Dunlop wellington factory
- Involvement in the refurbishment of the East London underground line providing pumps, pumping stations, and controls
- Installed two large adoptable stations as part of the M1 widening
- Supplied our largest order of valves to Duqm Port Construction project, Oman
We could go on, but these are just a few of the highlights. Check out our timeline to find out more.
However it hasn’t all been work work work over the years, we have had our fair share of up’s and downs which has given us lots of laughter and made us the T-T family we are today.
We have supported various charities, including Macmillan Cancer Support, Our Space Adventure Playground and My Name’5 Doddie which has seen us take part in a World Cup penalty shootout, enjoy strawberries and cream in a Wimbledon themed day, come to work in our pajamas, and our favourite, our annual scare fest Halloween charity day.
We have been finalists in a number of awards and last year we won Cheshire Business Awards Apprenticeships award for our commitment to working with young people to give them the opportunities to gain new skills and become successful engineers.
Over the next 60 days we are going to celebrate our achievements with lots of cake, we are going to commemorate by supporting the local community and donating educational engineering kits to the local schools. We also have lots of exciting things to look out for with a brand new website, a completely revamped catalogue launching. Plus, lots of nostalgia, reminiscing and memories to shout about.
Bob Nash, Managing Director at T-T comments “Over our long history we have been very fortunate in having a great team who have strived to help us have a successful history and allowed us to develop the business into what it is today. We also want to take this opportunity to give thanks to our customers who have supported us along the way.”
A positive response
During our celebrations, we have had many positive comments from our customers, some of which we have worked with and supplied products for more than 25 years. Jim comments “I hope that I have played a small part in your success with my dealings with your company over the past 20+ years. I would like to thank you and all your colleagues at TT’s for your help and support over the years in enabling us to maintain our pumping assets. Please keep it up!”. Equally, a long-standing customer Ken contacted us saying “Thank you for all of your skill, expertise, help, advice and just for being there, for the last 26 years.”
To find out more about T-T over the 60 years visit www.ttpumps.com. Why not share your story on social media and tell us about the many memories you have at T-T on Facebook, Twitter, and Linkedin with #60yearsofTT.