Welcome to the T-T Pumps Limited privacy notice.
T-T Pumps respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data. This privacy notice will inform you as to how we look after your personal data when you visit our website, contact us or when you visit our premises.
Important information and who we are
This privacy notice aims to give you information on how T-T Pumps collects and processes your personal data through your use of our website, verbal or written communications, visit our premises, your participation in a T-T Pumps event, any data you may provide when you sign up to our newsletter, apply for a credit account, enquiry about a product or service, purchase a product or service or take part in a competition or promotion.
This website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
T-T Pumps Limited is the controller and responsible for your personal data (referred to as “T-T Pumps”, “T-T”, “we”, “us” or “our” in this privacy notice). T-T Pumps Limited is registered in England (No. 2320012), having a registered office at Onneley Works, Newcastle Road, Woore, Cheshire, CW3 9RU, United Kingdom. If you have any concerns about your privacy, please contact us by using our contact form https://www.ttpumps.com/contact-us/
This version was last updated on 29th May 2018.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
The data we collect about you
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data). We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity Data includes first name, last name, username or similar identifier.
- Contact Data includes the billing address, delivery address, email address, telephone/facsimile numbers.
- Application Data includes application-specific information to allow product selection.
- Financial Data includes bank account and payment card details.
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us or expressed interest in.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data (including Wi-Fi log-in data and MAC code), browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Profile Data includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, products and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences, and how you interact with our email communications.
- Biometric Data includes telephone recordings and CCTV images should you visit our premises.
- CCTV images, including vehicle identification number where applicable, should you visit the premises.
We also collect, use and share Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated Data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your Usage Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature. However, if we combine or connect Aggregated Data with your personal data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as personal data which will be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offenses.
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with goods or services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
How is your personal data collected?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
- Direct interactions. You may give us your Identity, Contact, Transaction, and email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- Buy or express an interest in our products or services, on our website, at our premises or at an exhibition;
- Create an account;
- Subscribe to our newsletter;
- Request that we send marketing materials to you;
- Enter a competition, promotion or survey;
- Attend a promotional event or exhibition;
- Submit a product review;
- Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with our website, we may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies. Please see our cookie statement below for further details.
- Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive personal data about you from various third parties as set out below:
- Technical Data from analytics providers such as Google based outside the EU
How we use your personal data
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. We have set out below, the legal basis we rely on to do process your personal data. Note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data.
Consent means you have explicitly given us permission to process your personal data.
Performance of contract means processing your data where it is necessary for the performance of the contract to which you are party or take steps at your request before entering into such a contract.
Legitimate interest means the interest of our business in conducting and managing our business to enable us to give you the best service / product and the best and most secure experience.
Comply with legal or regulatory obligations means processing your personal data where it is necessary for the compliance with legal or regulatory obligations that we are subject to.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by unsubscribing via the link provided with each marketing email we send to you or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may use your Identity, Contact, Application, Technical, Transaction, Usage and Profile Data to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you (this is “marketing”).
You may receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us or purchased goods or services from us and, in each case, you have not opted out of receiving that marketing. You will also receive marketing communications from us if you have provided us with your details when you entered a competition or registered for a promotion and gave us your consent as part of that process.
Opting out of marketing messages will not prevent you receiving non-marketing messages from us, for example relating to products ordered from us, responses to customer service queries, warranty issues, product recalls etc.
Your personal data will not be shared with third-parties. Nor processed outside of the EU/EEA. Furthermore, it shall only be used for the original purposed it was obtained.
Disclosure of your personal data
We only foresee sharing your personal data should we choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets. Alternatively, we may seek to acquire other businesses or merge with them. If a change happens to our business, then the new owners may use your personal data in the same way as set out in this privacy notice.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
How long will you use my personal data for?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
By law we have to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for seven years after they cease being customers for tax purposes. We also keep this basic information about our customers for seven years following your most recent active interaction with us, to enable us to deal efficiently with any after-sales queries that you may have. We also need to keep basic information for warranty purposes for a period of seven years and recall purposes for a period of seven years. We keep customer profile information that you have indicated you are happy for us to have in order to keep you up to date regarding our products, services and events and will keep this information until such time as you indicate you no longer wish us to keep this data.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
- We use ‘cookies’ and similar technologies on the website. Cookies are small computer files which the website may store in your internet browser, enabling your internet browser and the website to communicate with each other. Other similar technologies may operate in a different way but, like cookies, are used to analyse how the website is being used.