Zenit Grey Series
Zenit Grey Series
Zenit's range of Grey Series electric, submersible pumps feature completely redesigned hydraulics and motors, guaranteeing high performance and low costs. The Grey Series is the ideal solution for pumping clear and effluent wastewater.
Zenit DGG Range
Ideal for handling unstrained sewerage, featuring a setback vortex impeller offering superior solids handling.
Zenit DRG Range
Designed for solids handling in industrial applications, with a cast iron channel impeller and free passage for large solids.
Zenit GRG Range
Fitted with an external cutting mechanism that offers up to 69,000 cpm, perfect for pumping fluids with suspended solids.
Zenit APG Range
Capable of generating high-pressured flow (53m head), perfect for overcoming significant height or resistance factors in a pump system.
NEED HELP CHOOSING THE RIGHT PUMP?
Complete our enquiry form to help us make the best selection for you.
Zenit Grey Series Features
- Robust cast iron construction makes Zenit's Grey Series of pumps extremely durable, corrosion resistant and able to withstand harsh operating conditions.
- Each submersible pump is powered by a three-phase motor between 0.55 - 18.5 kW, this wide range of motor options means there is a pump to suit applications of all sizes and demands.
- Zenit's Grey Series Class H insulation allows these pumps to withstand temperatures of up to 180°C, protecting the pump's motor from overheating.
- An IP68 protection rating gives these electric pumps excellent dust and water resistance, ideal for submersed installation.
- 50 Hz and 60 Hz versions available.
- Thermal protection devices stator prevent the risk of overheating, stopping operations when pump temperature exceeds safe limits.
- The AISI 431 stainless steel drive shaft offers corrosion resistance, strength and durability for a reliable and long lasting pump.
- Zenit's Grey Series has discharge sizes available between DN32 - DN250, compatible with a range of various pipe systems and flow rates.
- Large free passage for solids allows for reliable pumping of fluids containing suspended solids, such as sewage and wastewater, reducing the risk of blockages and breakdowns.
- ATEX versions suitable for potentially explosive environments available on request.
Your Guide to Grey
A. Handle - Rugged, stainless steel handle for secure lifting and carrying.
B. Cable gland - The cable's universal GAS thread can accommodate a sheathing pipe that protects the power cable from mechanical damage caused by turbulence or corrosive liquid being pumped.
C. Every Grey Series model undergoes extensive pressure testing to ensure the gaskets, cable gland and mechanical seals operate to the highest quality standards.
D. Drive shaft - Constructed in AISI 431 stainless steel, Grey Series drive shafts are hard-wearing and reliable, connected the impeller via tapered coupling.
E. Mechanical seals, V-rings & oil chamber - Two mechanical seals in silicon carbide (SiC-SiC) are enclosed in an inspectable oil chamber, this prevents any debris in the pumped wastewater from damaging the seals. The oil chamber is fully inspectable and includes a leak-detection sensor for stress-free maintenance.
F. Anti-clogging system (DGG & GRG) - Grey Series pump hydraulics are designed to effectively handle solids while preventing impeller blockages for efficient and reliable pumping.
G. Impeller designs - all Grey Series impellers are constructed from cast iron, giving them strong corrosion and wear resistance for a long and reliable operating life.
The Zenit DGG is fitted with a cast-iron vortex impeller that allows for full free solids passage, ideal for handling effluent, wastewater and farm waste.
The Zenit DRG features a cast iron channel impeller with large free solids passage capabilities, perfect for civil liftin applications and storm drainage.
The Zenit GRG features a cast iron grinder impeller that is designed to minimise solids encountered when pumping fibrous fluids, such as in industrial and agricultural applications.
The Zenit APG is fitted with a cast iron multi-channel impeller that enables the pump to overcome significant pressure/lift height.
GREY SERIES INSTALLATION TYPES & ACCESSORIES
Zenit's Grey Series of submersible pumps are supplied with a full range of accessories, as standard, that simplifies the installation process. See details below, as well as the different ways in which a Zenit pump can be installed (Zenit Grey Series DGG pictured in examples below).
Installation with bottom coupler DAC-V
Installation with bottom coupler DAC-H
Bottom coupler installation - Zenit's range of couplers allows for pumps to be quickly extracted and returned to a system without the need for drainage, which is often a lengthy and expensive operation that can require entire system stoppages. This makes for simpler pump servicing and maintenance with minimal downtime. The DAC-H is designed for installation in tight spaces, with a compact construction. Zenit's DAC-V Coupler is compact and rugged, with a verticle discharge. Both feature accompanying guide pipes to prevent rotation during installation.
Free & permanent installation - Zenit base plates are designed for free installation of a pump, for quick positioning in a tank and a high level of stability thanks to the large contact surface provided.
In cast iron or galvanised steel
Full free passage - DN 65 - DN 250
In cast iron or galvanized steel
Ideal for free installation
Cast iron body - steel metal fasteners
Vertical and horizontal discharge
DN 65 - DN 250
In stainless and galvanised steel
Ø 5mm, 8mm, 12mm
BALL CHECK VALVES
Cast iron body – steel metal fasteners
Rubber ball - DN 65 - DN 250
Cast iron body with bronze seats
Full free passage
Overview of operating ranges
Maintenance and Service
The Zenit Grey series of electric submersible drainage pumps have been designed to allow for stress-free maintenance, specifically to facilitate the replacement of components that experience wear and tear during operations. This negates the need for a full pump replacement, extending the pump's lifecycle and reducing your overall maintenance and operating costs.
At T-T HQ in Cheshire, our workshop has all the latest facilities and a large stock of spares for repairs across our entire range of pumps. T-T's expert engineers are experienced with and certified for a range of electrical, mechanical and clean water repairs (in our dedicated clean water repairs and testing centre) to suit your needs and timeframe.